The Geneva Health Forum (GHF) is the forum that brings together key actors of global health . Created in 2006 by the University Hospitals of Geneva (HUG) and the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Geneva, the Geneva Health Forum is built today in close collaboration with more than 30 partners.
The overall objective of the Geneva Health Forum is to contribute to the improvement of health and access to health care in the world.
As the complexity of global health challenges continues to grow, responding to these challenges requires a multidisciplinary approach as well as the ability to provide innovative solutions. The Geneva Health Forum aims to showcase innovative, accessible and sustainable practices to facilitate access to care and health equity. Bringing together participants from all sectors - field practitioners, academics, public and private sector professionals, policy makers, international and non-governmental organizations - the Geneva Health Forum provides a unique opportunity for dynamic exchange between key players in global health.
To achieve this goal, the Geneva Health Forum aims to :
- Give visibility to innovative field experiences, including promoting innovative practices that improve access to care in low-resource settings
- Establish a critical and constructive dialogue between global health actors from different sectors, and foster collaborations between them
- Promote interaction between actions on the ground and health policy making so that best practices guide policies and policy dissemination on the ground is facilitated
A conference and a network
Every two years since 2006, the Geneva Health Forum has organised one of the most important international conferences on global health.
Between conferences, the Geneva Health Forum offers
- A community of global health actors who exchange experiences
- A collaborative platform for workshops on specific global health topics
- Regular events
- A directory of innovative practices in global health
Geneva : International Health Capitale
The Geneva Health Forum builds on the dynamics of Geneva which, as the international capital of health and the international capital of humanitarianism, offers a unique network of key actors active in this field.
It is home to the headquarters of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Red Cross movement as well as a large number of international governmental and non-governmental organizations working on health and humanitarian issues.
Among other UN agencies, Geneva hosts the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, the International Organization for Migration, the Human Rights Council and the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees. It is also home to the main NGOs active in the field, as well as the HUG, which has decades of experience in humanitarian action. Thus, Geneva is an epicentre for the promotion and protection of human rights, humanitarian action and cooperation, offering an exceptional platform for synergies and collaborations.